Filoli Visitor Map
A detailed layout of the house, gardens and pathways.
For best results, print on 8.5x14 paper. Requires Acrobat Reader. Full Color Versions available at the Visitor and Education Center upon arrival.
Directions to Filoli.
Learn about our educational offerings.
GRAPHIC DESIGN – Part–Time
This on–site position is responsible for the creation of graphic production for print collateral, direct mail, display/event and advertising projects and coordination for non-profit historic site. Maintains and manages archive of all artwork and project files. This year–round part–time, non-exempt, on–site position will work between 18 and 20 hours per week Tuesday through Friday, and is not eligible for any company provided benefits. Additional days, including weekends or evenings, may be required from time to time to meet Filoli’s needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Design print collateral and event artwork, including but not limited to membership newsletter, posters, brochures, flyers, logos, schedules, advertising and other marketing material.
- Design templates and manage layout of frequent and recurring content, adhering to branding specifications and graphics guidelines.
- Design and manage production of signage for departments and events.
- Interface regularly with various internal associates, including volunteers, to evaluate project needs.
- Develop, and produce special projects and revisions in support of various departments.
- Maintain Filoli image libraries and ongoing selection of best images for specific projects.
- Assist in proofing and print production process.
- Provide image graphics support for online content and social media.
- Maintain and manage archive of graphic files and projects.
- Maintain consistency and high quality design elements throughout marketing collateral.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree in Graphic Design (preferred), or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of graphic design experience with emphasis on print media.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator; MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, jQuery a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to accurately translate requirements into creative design for print.
- Ability to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills / ability to communicate with colleagues and volunteers.
- Ability to demonstrate thoroughness and detail orientation.
- Ability to show proficiency of four–color printing process, collecting and archiving files.
- Ability to work confidently with print vendors.
- Ability to exhibit outstanding project management, organizational, and analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively across organizational and functional lines.
- Ability to maintain a positive, calm demeanor and professional manner with staff and volunteers at all times.
- Ability to work effectively as an independent worker capable of taking ownership of projects and meeting tight deadlines with minimal supervision, and a team player willing to compromise and take direction.
- Ability to demonstrate consistent and predictable punctuality, attendance and dependability
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear,
- Have dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, tools, and to handle various computer components,
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision and ability to focus vision,
- Perform repetitive motions up to 75% of time using a keyboard & mouse,
- Lift/carry up to 25 pounds,
- Stand, walk, reach, lift, carry and bend repeatedly and often, as well as sit for long periods of time at a computer,
- Hear and speak to employees and volunteers on the phone and in person,
- Move about to different buildings located on the grounds and access offices on second floor.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
- Resume and cover letter outlining work experience, formal education, and special qualifications/skills
- Include as an attachment using MSWord format or PDF — do not include resume in the body of the email
- The email subject line must say: Graphic Design — Part–Time
- Upon request be able to present a portfolio of Graphic design samples.
- Please note: Contractor status will not be considered. We are seeking an employee to be a member of our on–site team.
Please note: Only candidates who provide all the information requested above will be considered. Please, no phone calls.
Filoli Center is an equal opportunity employer.