Filoli Visitor Map
A detailed layout of the house, gardens and pathways.
For best results, print on 8.5x14 paper. Requires Acrobat Reader. Full Color Versions available at the Visitor and Education Center upon arrival.
Directions to Filoli.
Learn about our educational offerings.
Guest Services Representative
This position has a substantial emphasis on positive and effective interactions with our guests. The Guest Services Representative provides for the security, safety and guest services in all public areas on the Filoli property. The position requires good observation, discretion, speaking and public relations skills.
This part–time, non-exempt seasonal position typically works between 12–22 hours per week from early February through early December; some flexibility in scheduling is available. Shifts can include weekdays and weekend; some evenings may be required from time to time to meet Filoli’s needs. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver excellent customer service by seeking out guest contact, welcoming guests, proactively seeking guests who need assistance, and providing Filoli information to guests.
- Interact with the public about Filoli's mission, programs, and special exhibits
- Interact with Filoli staff and volunteers regarding safety and security procedures.
- Provide for the safety and security of Filoli guests, staff, and volunteers through keen observation and proper reporting.
- Provide for the security and protection of all Filoli property and collections.
- Respond to medical emergencies with first aid kit, CPR, and AED if needed.
- Enforce Filoli's visitor etiquette policies.
- Be willing to work different shifts at varied times if needed.
- Know and follow all Filoli safety and security policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma minimum, post secondary education in public relations field a plus
- Some experience in a service, visitor or guest-oriented position highly desirable;
- Certifications in Basic First Aid, CPR, AED -- or obtain within 3 months of hire
Skills, experience and qualities desired:
- Ability to observe and report irregularities in a clear and timely fashion, and disseminate information effectively and timely.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and clear, articulate communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Strong, effective customer service orientation
- Ability to maintain diplomacy with a positive, calm demeanor and professional manner with guests at all times;
- Ability to be responsive to a large number of guest's diverse needs while focusing on high priority tasks;
- Bi–lingual a plus
- Impeccable punctuality and dependability - reliable transportation is critical as there is no public transportation available to this facility.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
- Lift/carry up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time in different weather conditions; reach, lift, carry and bend frequently.
- Ability to swiftly move about to different buildings and areas in the gardens located on the grounds.
- Ability to hear and speak to visitors, staff and emergency responders on the phone and in person, as well as hear and respond to emergency broadcasts.
Please note: Only résumés that meet the following criteria will be considered:
- The email subject line must say: Guest Services Representative
- Resume and cover letter must be attached using MSWord format or PDF — do not include resume in the body of the email
How to Apply:
Materials can be emailed (preferred) to email@example.com
or mail documents to: Filoli, 86 Cañada Rd., Woodside, CA 94062, Attn: Guest Services Supervisor.
Please, no phone calls.
Filoli Center is an equal opportunity employer.