Copyright. © 2012 Filoli Center. 86 Cañada Road., Woodside, California 94062, U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Some materials on this web site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information relating to those materials. All photographs, information, materials and other content contained on this web Site are owned by the Filoli Center and/or its contributors. This web Site contains original works of authorship that are the proprietary property of the Filoli Center and/or its contributors, and which are protected under U.S. and International Copyright Laws. It is prohibited to copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, alter or prepare any derivative works of any material from this web Site, including without limitation code, software, photographs and images, without the prior express written consent of the Filoli Center, or as stated on the material.
If permission is given to use any material, such permission to use, copy and distribute materials delivered from this web site is hereby granted under the following conditions:
- Copyright. (1)The above copyright notice and this permission notice must appear in all copies; (2) Any use of the materials available from this web site must be for informational purposes only and in no instance for commercial purposes; (3) No materials available from this web site can be modified in any way, and (4) No graphics available from this web site can be copied or distributed, including photographs and charts.
- Trademarks. Filoli Center, the Filoli Center, Filoli Center logo, filoli.org, and all other names of Filoli Center programs and domain names referenced herein are trademarks of the Filoli Center. All rights reserved to Filoli Center.
- Information Warranty Disclaimer. All materials and related graphics provided by this web site and any other materials which are referenced by or linked to this web site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. Filoli Center hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to any materials provided by this web site or any other materials which are reference by or linked to this web site, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non–infringement. Filoli Center does not warrant the accuracy, quality, content, or legality of any materials provided by this web site or any other materials which are referenced by or linked to this web site and assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the materials provided by this web site or any other materials which are reference by or linked to this web site. In no event shall Filoli Center be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential damages, or for damages of any king arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information contained in any materials provided by this web site or any other materials which are referenced by or linked to this web site, under any theory of liability used.
- Disclaimer of Endorsement. Any mention of a product, service, company or sole proprietor in this web site or in links to this web site shall not constitute nor be construed as an endorsement of any such product, service, company or sole proprietor by the Filoli Center.
- Content Posted by Third Parties. Any party who posts information to this web site agrees not to post any material which is defamatory, obscene, or a violation of any copyright or trademark, and further agrees not to represent himself or herself as someone else. The Filoli Center is under no obligation to monitor the information residing on or transmitted to this web site; however, any party who posts information to this web site agrees that the Filoli Center may take appropriate action in order to prevent the violation of the rights of Filoli Center or of other parties, in order to comply with any law, regulation or other governmental request, or in order to operate this web site properly or to protect itself or others. The Filoli Center reserves the right to modify, reject, or eliminate any information residing on or transmitted to this web site that, in its sole discretion, it believes is unacceptable or in violation of these terms and conditions. The use, distribution, or publication of any materials posted by third parties does not constitute or imply an endorsement of such materials or of any opinions or comments in such materials. The Filoli Center disclaims all responsibility for any defamatory, obscene, copyright or trademark infringing material posted to this web site by any third party. The Filoli Center retains the right to remove any member, revoke membership in any program, and/or to prohibit any person or entity from participating in any program, when necessary for the benefit of the program, in the Filoli Center's sole discretion.
Any party who posts information to this web site represents that it is the sole owner of all rights in materials posted by it (including all related copyrights) or that it has the absolute right to license their use as provided in this section. While the posting party will retain ownership of the copyright in the materials it posts, the posting party agrees that all of the materials it posts shall become part of a database, and that the Filoli Center will own the compilation copyright in that database. The posting party hereby grants the Filoli Center a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, and distribute its posting, any portion of such posting and any derivative works created from such posting, in print electronic and other media, by any means now known or developed in the future. The Filoli Center may sublicense all of its rights and licenses or assign them to third parties. Neither the Filoli Center nor any third party using the posting in accordance with this section will be obligated to pay the posting party any royalties or other compensation for use of the posting. The Filoli Center shall have no duty to attribute authorship of the posting to the posting party. The Filoli Center shall not be obligated to enforce any form of attribution by third parties.
- Updates. The Filoli Center may update or make changes to the materials provided by this web site at any time without notice; however, the Filoli Center makes no commitment to update the information contained herein, and makes no representation nor warranty concerning the accuracy of any information.
- Use of Content. The information and materials made available on this web site are designed to provide accurate and useful information in regard to the subject matter covered. It is made available with the understanding that the Filoli Center is not engaged in rendering legal or other professional services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
We have organized our policy into three parts:
- We outline our Principles of Privacy, our core commitment to protect your privacy.
- We explain how we implement each principle.
- We provide Helpful Tips on how you can better protect your privacy online.
Filoli's Privacy Commitment: The Principles of Privacy
We are committed to protecting your personal privacy. Our Principles of Privacy summarize and clarify that commitment: how we safeguard your privacy, how we treat personal information, and what choices you have. We understand that for you to take full advantage of the benefits of this interactive medium, we must do everything we can to ensure that your privacy is secured.
- We do not share your private online communications.
- We do not use any information about where you personally go on Filoli, and we do not give it out to others.
Our system automatically gathers information about the areas you visit on our service. We do not use any of this navigational data about where you – as an individual user – go on our service; nor do we share it with others. However, we do use this navigational information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the service so that we can make Filoli better. We may share this general statistical information with our partners or other outside companies, but in doing so, we don't disclose individual names or personal navigational information.
* We do not give out or sell your telephone number, credit card information, subscription history or aliases. As a matter of fact, we consider all information which you have provided to us as extremely confidential, and we treat it as such.
We have two exceptions to these policies: We will release specific information about your account only to comply with valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or other court order, or in special cases such as a physical threat to you or others.
* We do not use information about the kinds of products you buy through Filoli, and we do not give or sell this information to others.
When you make a purchase through Filoli our system automatically gathers purchase data. We use this information in only the following way:
- We review what kinds of products and services appeal most to our users as a group. This statistical information helps us to improve our offers in the same way that other companies change their catalog based on what sells best.
- We do not give out any information about what you, as an individual, purchase from Filoli with anyone, except to complete your transactions, or to comply with valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order. We share with outside companies only statistical information about what Filoli products or services our users – as a group – buy.
We take extra steps to protect the safety and privacy of minors.
We use secure technology, privacy protection controls and restrictions on employee access in order to safeguard your personal information.
We strongly encourage our content, commerce and advertising partners to post clearly their own privacy policies and to have privacy control systems in place to protect your personal information. Be sure to review their privacy policies and contact them directly if you have any questions.
* We will keep you informed, clearly and prominently, about what we do with your personal information, and we will advise you if we change our policy.
Six Tips to Help You Protect Your Privacy and Security Online
You can take the responsibility to protect your personal privacy online. Here is a checklist that will help safeguard your privacy and protect the integrity of your computer and Filoli account. We urge you to print these tips and post them near your computer.
- Never give your password to anyone online. Never give your billing information except to facilitate a purchase.
- Make your password at least six characters in length. Create a password that includes a combination of numbers and letters (such as sun698ray or bell34jar2). Be sure to use different passwords for each of your accounts.
- If you have fallen for an online scam and gave our your password, change your password immediately.
- Be aware that any personal information posted in general forums is public information. It's a good idea to avoid including information that could allow people to find you offline, such as your phone number or exact street address.
- Be wary of electronic messages received from unknown sources.
- Maintain current virus detection software at all times. Never download files unless you know what they are and who sent them to you. Computer viruses are destructive programs that could cause your computer to divulge personal information and are often transferred in cleverly disguised files.